Cassowary Coast Regional Council is providing 17 local community groups with $69,425 in funding as part of the second round of the Council’s 2022-2023 Community Grants Program. The program aids non-profit community organisations in creating and implementing projects, programs, and events that enrich, improve, and cater to the requirements of our community. Under the Community Wellbeing and Lifestyle Stream of the Program, six groups were granted more than $25,000 for their initiatives. These projects include promoting and signposting recreational sports events, recreational sports initiatives, and a project to enhance facilities.
Seven groups will receive over $30,000 funding for initiatives that stimulate economic activity and drive spend into Local Businesses across the Cassowary Coast. Events and initiatives receiving support include the Dunk Island Outrigger Event, Tully Cane Productivity Initiative, Innisfail Pasta and Sugo Event and Cardwell Seafest.
To promote environmental sustainability practices in schools located in Mourilyan, Murray Upper, and Mission Beach, three local P&Cs will be granted approximately $5,000 each to support their initiatives aimed at reducing waste.
Councillor Trudy Tschui, Community and Culture portfolio holder, said Round Two of the Community Grants Program saw a diverse range of applications, including community services, sports and recreational events, and youth-focused environmental projects. All support our region’s economic development, liveability and cultural vibrancy.
“Council is proud to grant over $69,000.00 to the successful applicants, which will assist in the delivery of these initiatives and provide benefit to the broader community. Our Community Grants Program supports local groups who play a crucial role in our community and in strengthening local inclusion.
Community Wellbeing and Lifestyle
- Tully Mission Beach Pickleball Club – Ready for Play
- Rotary Club of Innisfail – Riverfest
- Tully Men’s Shed – Connectivity Project
- Tully Motorcycle Club – Facility Project
- Innisfail Game Fishing Club – Signage & Promotion
- Cassowary Coast Little Athletics – Promotion
- Tully Rugby League Club – QRL Pride Game
- Cairns Italian Festival – Innisfail Pasta & Sugo Festival Event
- Tully Cane Productivity Cane Services – Sugar Cane Nursery Project
- Kurrimine Beach Fishing Club – Signage & Promotion
- Mission Beach Outrigger Club – Dunk Island Outrigger Event
- Innisfail Historical Society – Tropical Art Deco Festival
- Cardwell Community Events – Bike & Boats Expo
- Cardwell Seafest – Seafest Event 2023
- Mourilyan State School P & C – Growing Green Kids Project
- Murray Upper School P & C – Waste Warriors
- The Rainforest School – School Recycling Program
These projects include promoting and signposting recreational sports events, recreational sports initiatives, and a project to enhance facilities.
Keep up to date with the latest news.